DIY Portable Ice-Cream Cafe Toy

 
 
 
 
DIY Portable Ice-Cream Café ToyThis idea has been floating in my head for some time. Finally have the time to really do it. This took me a total of about 6 hours added up all together. It cost me about $15 in total. I was thinking about a plane journey toy when I make this, to keep my 3.5years old occupied. So I make it in a portable plastic box with a handle, easy store away and bring along.


Step 1

Make all the mini pom-poms you want. All you need is a fork and your yarn. I found my white-elephant yarn in the store room, just nice for this project. Yarn color of your choice, as long as you can think of a flavor for each color. My color choice:Brown = Chocolate
Cream = Vanilla
Pink = Strawberry
Blue = Blueberry
Dark Brown = Black Sesame (my fav flavor)
Purple = Yam



I don’t have any picture showing how it is done but you can easily do a search “make pom pom with a fork”. I make about 4 for each color.


Step 2

 


Get a container with a handle. This cost me about $2.90 from Japan Home.

Found 6 square cups that fit nicely in the container box where I can place all the ice-cream pom-poms. I stick the square cups base onto the base of the container box with hot-glue-gun. 

I also found 4 bottle containers where I used to put my facial wash when I travel. These bottle containers are perfect for the ice-cream topping I am going to make later. I glue-gun the bottom of the bottle containers with velcro (Female side) and velcro (male side) onto the container box.
I glue a card board just below the 4 bottle containers, this is will be a base where I can stick the menu up later.

Step 3



I need a scoop for the ice-cream café, bought these measuring spoons from Japan Home at about $2. Found half-table spoon size fit the best for the pom-poms.

Step 4
 



Bought these cute ice-cream cones from Diaso, 3 cones cost $2, I bought 3 x 3 = 9 ($6). This is perfect for the pom poms I made earlier but the pom poms drop off easily when it is being placed on top.
 
To overcome that, I stick some Velcro (male side) inside the cone as shown, this will solve the issue. Now to test it out.
 
 
Step 5

For the toppings, I have 3 toppings

White Felt & Rainbow beads = Cream with Rainbow Rice
Red Felt & Red Beads = Strawberry Jam
Brown Felt & Red Round Felt = Chocolate Fudge & Cherry
Cream with Rainbow Rice:

I use a marker to draw out the shape onto the white color felt before cutting it out.
 
 

Sew the rainbow beads onto the felt. Glue-gun it onto the velcro backing (male side). Trim to shape and trim away the blue marker line.

Try it. It does look cute.



Strawberry Jam:


It is the same as the cream with rainbow rice, just using red color felt and red color beads. Velcro backing too.

Chocolate Fudge with cherry:

It is all felt material. Just glue-gun everything together and onto the velcro backing.
Step 6

 
So how about double and triple scoop ice cream? I use a connector, is just two velcro (both are male side) and glue-gun it together.  It will be place in the middle of each scoops. Try it.
Step 7
 
 
 
 
 
Decorate your box. I added a menu for the inside and label all ice-cream. Give a cover to the box.
The End. Hope you enjoy the tutorial.
 
 
By the way, I am a stay-at-home-mum, I sells frozen dessert at a very low rate as it is imported directly. Don't worry, our products are NEA approved and certified Halal. Our best seller is our ice cream éclairs, you can see from all our likes on Facebook. Is like what you usually eat during a catering buffet but so much more worthy to buy from us. Caterer sells at $1.70 for 2 pieces but we are selling it at only $4 for 12 pieces ($0.33/pieces).

Great for parties and event or just share with your neighbours to meet the minimum order or share the delivery cost. Please help to support. To order, just w.a./sms/call at 96808669. Pricelist is on our www.facebook.com/theeclairlady or w.a. us and we will send it to you.

The Eclair lady Facebook Page
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting idea! I'd love to make one for my 2 yo girl. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Hope you enjoy making it as much as I do. =)

      Delete