DIY Miniature Portable Kitchen Set for Children

This is not a party item but I would still like to share this. It is a miniature kitchen set for my almost 3 years old son. He loves to play chef so I’ve decided to make him a portable kitchen set. It is made with simple items you can find around you.

It took me about 8 hours all together.



In a nut shell:
-Spoon & cooking pan = ice cream sticks
-Cooking spoon = disposable stirring spoon from Long John Silver
-Basin = curry sauce container from McD
-Plates = disposable saucer plate...
-Cloth = glasses wiping cloth
-Pot = plastic bottle cap & bobby pin
-Food = felt fabric
-Bottles & container = Bought from Diaso (always $2)
(see below for details)




 

Basin & Stove


 
The basin is the tricky one especially needing to make it fit nicely into the container. I use the McDonalds curry sauce container as the basin. The tap is with a disposable stirrer spoon, using the middle section. The stove is by some paper craft flowers I found. The kitchen top is using cardboard and wrapping paper (tiles design or you can find online and print it out), cut a hold to fit the basin and make a box around it using the same cardboard. A lot of glue gun to make it hold in place.

Pot, Frying pan & Cooking spoon


 
The pot is using a plastic bottle cap with bobby pin, twist the bobby pin using a plier and fit it around the bottle cap. I stray paint it black too. Frying pan, I use a pen-knife to craft out a frying pan shape and spray painted it black. Cooking spoon is by a plastic stirring spoon I got from Long John Silver fast food restaurant.

Eating spoon


 
I use a pen-knife to craft out the spoon shape and using a nail-filer to file it smooth.

Serving plate


 
For serving plate, I use a plastic disposable sauce plate and cut it to size.

Food


 
I use felt fabric I got from Diaso and cut it to various shapes. The noodle (beside the carrot) is by some yellow color yarn and just tie it together.

Bottles, Box container & Tablecloth


 
Bottles are soya-sauce mini bottles from Diaso. 12 mini bottles for $2. This cute container is from diaso too. Tablecloth is from spectacle wiping cloth. 

 
 
Will update with more pictures of my son playing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment